The Wellness Council’s top priority is the safety of its employees, members, investors and other partners/guests. While there is a large volume of information being circulated about the coronavirus pandemic from a wide variety of sources, we encourage you to utilize the information below in helping make the decisions that are best for your organization. You may also submit a related question that will be answered by staff or private sector professionals.
FREE Employer Webinars and Replays
Governor Eric Holcomb issued a statewide mask mandate via executive order on July 27 and it remains in effect. Indiana has moved into stage five of the five-phase plan to get the state back to business. On May 1, Governor Holcomb outlined the effort, called Back on Track Indiana, which details a comprehensive process for reopening the economy, continued social distancing guidelines and more. Latest executive order.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Indiana State Department of Health: State-Specific Updates
- Indiana State Department of Health hotline: (877) 826-0011 from 8 a.m. to midnight daily
- Be Well Indiana: Free mental health resources from the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration
- Indiana Medicaid: Telemedicine, telephone options available
- Indiana Rural Health Association: Connecting Kids to Coverage-Indiana
- Anthem: Coronavirus and COVID-19: What You Need to Know
- Johns Hopkins: Coronavirus at a Glance
Government / Community Assistance
- Back on Track Indiana: Comprehensive process from Gov. Holcomb for reopening the economy, continued social distancing guidelines and more.
- *** UPDATED *** U.S. Treasury: Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): Program extension approved through August 8 (July 4); Revised guidelines (June 12); Loan forgiveness and application; Forgiveness calculator | Program overview (funds still available); Lender information; Borrower information; Application; FAQ
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA): Updated PPP information; new EZ Loan forgiveness application; EIDL portal reopens (June 18)
- State Assistance to Aid Economic Recovery (May 29): Governor Holcomb press release announcing new program; Small Business Restart Fund: Eligibility and details; Economic Activity Stabilization & Enhancement (EASE)
- U.S. Department of Labor Guidance on Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA): Includes a Q&A, fact sheet for employers and fact sheet for employees. FFCRA poster and FAQ on posting requirements
- U.S. Department of Treasury on the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Overview: Includes information for small businesses and workers/families
- Emergency Loans: Small Business Guide and Checklist
- U.S. Small Business Administration Coronavirus Disaster Loans: Application deadline is December 18, 2020, but you are encouraged to apply ASAP. Free advising and application assistance via Indiana Small Business Development Center.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission: SEC temporarily relaxes crowdfunding rules. Federal Register notice | press release
- OSHA’s Response to Workplace Safety and Coronavirus Exposure: Overview of agency guidance during the coronavirus
- IRS COVID-19 Tax Credits FAQ: Details reimbursement process for the emergency paid leave provided by small and midsize businesses
- Coronavirus Assistance Toolkits From U.S. Senators: Sen. Todd Young and Sen. Mike Braun (send comments/questions to [email protected])
- Indiana Chamber Road to Recovery Policy Agenda: The goal is to help achieve both short-term relief and long-term economic growth for Hoosier businesses and their workforce. More than 30 recommended policies fall into six areas: economic stimulus, employment, federal, health, tax and unemployment. The list has been shared with Governor Holcomb and his Economic Recovery Task Force, state legislators and the Indiana congressional delegation.
Tools You Can Use
- Ice Miller: Indiana Chamber legal counsel has a resource center for businesses on coronavirus in the workplace
- Protecting workers: OSHA home page (for continued updates); initial guidance summary
- COVID-19 Cleaning Guidance for Businesses: Direction from the Indiana State Department of Health
- Ivy Tech assistance: Free classes and trainings for 10,000 participants in a range of relevant high-demand areas
- *** UPDATED*** Indiana Chamber recent webinars replays: Adapting to Rapidly Changing Customer Behavior (September 18); Responding to Pandemic-Driven Salary and Benefits Trends (August 27); Racial Inequality: Addressing the Need for Systemic Change (July 30); Applying for Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness (June 11); all 21 webinars available here
- Be Well Indiana: Free mental health resources for your employees from the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration
- Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD): Comprehensive guidance for employers and employees as they work through unemployment, rolling layoffs and re-engaging the workforce. Unemployment insurance FAQ for Claimants and FAQ for Employers
- Take Advantage of Various Tax Provisions in the CARES ACT: Indiana Chamber’s tax expert Bill Waltz offers brief overview
- COVID-19 Screening Tool: Employees can evaluate symptoms with Apple’s in-home health assessment and understand possible next steps
- State-by-state business reopenings: Interactive map
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Combating the coronavirus and impact on business
Continued Call for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
If your company can donate current inventory or possibly manufacture any of the PPE listed here for use by Indiana health care professionals, please use the state of Indiana’s dedicated email address, [email protected]. If you would like to donate any of these supplies directly to your local hospital, use the Indiana Hospital Association’s dedicated email at [email protected] for contact information. PPE Sourcing Input Form
Operations as of November 16
The Wellness Council and Indiana Chamber office is closed to visitors. Staff is working remotely to help meet your needs; access contact information for all Wellness Council and Indiana Chamber team members.