WCI Member Webinar: Illegal Online Pharmacies and a Pandemic, Current Trends and Risks for Consumers
April 28 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
In this Wellness Council of Indiana member webinar, we welcome John B. Hertig, PharmD, MS, CPPS, FASHP from Butler University as he discusses illegal online pharmacies, current trends and risks for consumers.
- Describe the issue of illegal online pharmacies.
- Discuss contemporary research to gain deeper insight on the current state of the global problem in the context of the COVID 19 Pandemic.
- Identify ways to stay safe when going online for medication.
- Purchasing medications online without verifying the source can be harmful.
- Online pharmacies can be a safe (and potentially cost-effective) alternative to traditional “brick-and-mortar” pharmacies, but must be thoroughly reviewed.
- Research suggests this is a global problem, especially amidst the current pandemic, and more education is needed.
- Resources are available to help consumers stay safe when purchasing medication online.