Marijuana and the Workplace Training – September 9, 2020
September 9 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Michigan and Illinois recently legalized the recreational use of marijuana. This patchwork of laws, coupled with federal law that still criminalizes marijuana, leaves many employers wondering what they can prohibit and test for in the workplace. The enactment of marijuana laws is only one of the many recent developments impacting employers’ drug and alcohol policies. For example, the opioid crisis, recent OSHA rules and the EEOC’s targeting of common policy provisions, all have an impact.
On September 9, 2020 Indiana Workforce Recovery and the Wellness Council of Indiana, in partnership with Gibson, will host a Marijuana and the Workplace training in Indianapolis. Join us for this timely event, where we will include perspectives from safety compliance and human resources professionals along with employment law attorney to understand how this issue impacts your business.
Topics of discussion
- how to manage the evolving risks related to your drug and alcohol policies;
- how state laws legalizing recreational or medical marijuana impact your policies and practices;
- the process of developing practical policies and practices to address these issues; and
- different state laws that have legalized marijuana, focusing on Midwest states.
Indiana Employer Opioid Summit and 2020 Indiana Wellness Summit attendees are eligible for a discounted registration cost of $65 for this event.
This event runs from 9:30am-2:00pm with registration and networking from 9:30am-10:00am. Lunch is included with the cost of registration.
Space is limited, so register early to secure your spot!
September 9, 2020
|9:30 a.m.||Networking and Registration|
|10:00 a.m.||Welcome and Overview of Day|
|10:10 a.m.||Legal Guidance
|12:00 p.m.||Lunch and Gibson: Strength Against Risk Presentation|
|1:00 p.m.||Panel Discussion – Moderated by Mike Thibideau, Director, Indiana Workforce Recovery
Ample parking garages can be found around the PNC Center/Hyatt Regency.
Parking options include:
- PNC Center/Hyatt Regency parking – Enter on Illinois St. or on Capitol Ave. Drive through the valet parking area and follow the signs.
- Circle Centre Mall parking ramps – Enter on Illinois St. between Georgia St. and Maryland St., or from Maryland St. between Capitol Ave. and Illinois St.
- Capitol Commons – Underground parking, entrances are on Maryland St. and W. Washington St.
- Plaza Park – Enter on Capitol Ave. across from the Convention Center.
- On-street – Meters can be found on the street around the building.