2175 S Hoffman Rd
Michigan and Illinois recently legalized the recreational use of marijuana. This patchwork of laws, coupled with federal law that still criminalizes marijuana, leaves many employers wondering what they can prohibit and test for in the workplace. The enactment of marijuana laws is only one of the many recent developments impacting employers’ drug and alcohol policies. For example, the opioid crisis, low unemployment, recent OSHA rules, and the EEOC’s targeting of common policy provisions, all impact employers’ drug and alcohol policies.
On June 17, 2020 Indiana Workforce Recovery and the Wellness Council of Indiana, in partnership with Gibson, will host a Marijuana and the Workplace training as a pre-conference event ahead of the June 18 Indiana Opioid Summit in Indianapolis. Join us for this timely event, where we will include perspectives from safety compliance and human resources professionals along with an employment law attorney to understand how it will impact your business.
Indiana Opioid Summit attendees are eligible for a discounted registration cost for this event.
Topics of discussion
• How to manage the evolving risks related to your drug and alcohol policies
• How state laws legalizing recreational or medical marijuana impact your policies and practices
• How these other recent developments impact your policies and practices
• Practical advice for policies and practices to address these issues
• Overview of state laws legalizing marijuana, focusing on Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio
This event runs from 9:30am-2:00pm with registration and networking from 9:30am-10:00am. Lunch is included with the cost of registration.
Space is limited, so register early to secure your spot!
If you would like to learn more or have questions about the event please contact Erin Klaus-Morse, Project Coordinator, at [email protected] or (317) 919-6462.
Directions and building map:
Click here for directions to the venue.
Click here for a building map and room location.