The first priority for us at the Wellness Council and the Indiana Chamber is the safety of our employees, members and investors. As we adjust to the impact of COVID-19 and look to our Indiana Workforce Recovery programs, we have decided to conduct this Employer Opioid Strategy Session virtually using Zoom.
A slide presentation will accompany each session as our speakers present. Attendees may join the virtual Zoom event via computer or the Zoom app to view the presentation. Audio for the event is available via computer or via phone. Attendees that plan to join by computer may use either computer or phone audio. Attendees will not need to join the event using video/webcam technology.
How to join this virtual event:
The Zoom meeting ID for this event is: 923-5225-8676
- A Zoom login is not required to join the event.
- Join via computer or Zoom app: https://indianachamber.zoom.us/j/92352258676
- Join audio via phone:
- Dial in: (929) 205-6099
- Access code: 923-5225-8676#
Data show that the workplace is the most powerful and effective environment for directing individuals to assistance, and every business has a desire to retain and assist valuable talent. With over 200,000 Hoosiers suffering from substance use disorder currently employed and over 800,000 Hoosiers struggling with illicit drug use, employers must be equipped to manage the impact substance misuse has on their present and potential talent.
This event will provide employers with a base level of technical knowledge and resources to manage the immediate impact of substance misuse on their current and future workforce. This is a continuation of the popular event series from 2019, which saw over 600 business participants attend events around the state, 95% of whom would recommend this program to another colleague/employee at their organization, and ranked the program at a 4.5 out of five in overall quality.
The knowledge, experience and resources gained in this session will help employers address the full spectrum of substance misuse issues from recreational marijuana or alcohol abuse to severe opioid use disorder.
As a participant in this event you will receive:
- Strategies for intervention, assistance and retention
- Legal guidance for navigating regulations including: ADA, FMLA and Indiana Substance Use Treatment Law
- Best practice for effective partnership with regional treatment and recovery supports
- Real life examples of success and empathy exercises
- Opening Speakers
- Welcome – Mike Thibideau, Director, Indiana Workforce Recovery
- Zoom Information – Erin Klaus-Morse, Wellness Council of Indiana
- Local Remarks
- Wendy Gumbel, Director of Human Resources, Encompass Health
- Lloyd Winnecke, Mayor, City of Evansville
- Story of Recovery
- Prevent, Assist, Retain
- Mike Thibideau, Director, Indiana Workforce Recovery
- Break – 15 minutes
- Legal Guidance On Developing A Drug-Free Workplace
- Elizabeth Roberson, Associate, Krieg DeVault
- Break – 15 minutes
- Medication Assisted Treatment
- Tony Toomer, OTP Manager, Indiana Family and Social Services Administration
The slide presentation and additional resources will be sent to all attendees after the virtual event. Attendees will still have the opportunity to order up to 600 complimentary prescription disposal kits for their organization.