The 28th Annual American Diabetes Association Alert Day® will take place on Tuesday, March 22.
It’s a one-day “wake-up call” asking the American public to take the Diabetes Risk Test to find out if they are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes. Questions revolve around weight, age, family history and other potential risks for prediabetes or type 2 diabetes.
Access your free Diabetes Risk Test (English or Spanish) via diabetes.org/alertindy or by calling 1-800-DIABETES (1-800-342-2383).
One way to start living a healthy and active lifestyle is by joining the Indiana Tour de Cure. Learn more at diabetes.org/indytour.
Free Screening Locations:
- Walgreens: 1530 N. Meridian St., 46202, 6:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
- Walmart: 4650 S. Emerson Ave., 46203, 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Walgreens: 6191 N. Keystone Ave., 46220, 12-2:00 p.m.
- Walgreens: 8905 E. 10th St., 46219, 3-5:00 p.m.
- Kroger: 5718 Crawfordsville Rd., 46224, 3-7:00 p.m.
Ask the Experts:
Call in and speak to a diabetes expert with RTV6 during the evening news (5-7:30 p.m.). Seven experts will staff the phone bank.
Contact the American Diabetes Association at 317-352-9226 or Indiana@diabetes.org.