From the Desk of Chuck Gillespie, executive director, Wellness Council of Indiana
For the last six years, I have had the opportunity to help grow the Wellness Council of Indiana into the organization it is today. We are where we are thanks to the Indiana Chamber. Without the Chamber’s leadership and support, we would not have had the chance to expand the Wellness Council to its current level.
With growth comes transition, and that includes my stepping away from the day-to-day operations of the Wellness Council of Indiana on February 24. For those of you who might be interested in the Executive Director role, or you know someone who might be interested, please contact Jennifer Elkin at email@example.com.
My list of “thank yous” is a mile long, so I will simply thank all of you for what the Wellness Council has accomplished. We listened and did our best to bring you the programs and services you sought. I must specifically point out five people that have been an instrumental part of our staff through the years.
- To Adrienne Luegers: Your passion and willingness to push for more was contagious. I miss you here on Earth so much, but know you are watching over me every day.
- To Laura Bliss: We would not have been able to build our operational programming without you. Your project management skills really allowed us to move to that next evolution of sophistication.
- To Christina Heberer: You have taken on every task I have thrown you with amazing skill and ability. I know you will continue to keep the day to day moving forward during this transition and in the years to come.
- To Kevin Brinegar: Your vision and leadership to bring the Wellness Council into the inner-workings of the Indiana Chamber was masterful. I am certain it will continue to be great.
- To Jennifer Elkin: You have been one of the best bosses I have ever had. It has truly been a joy coming to work every day for the last six years, and a lot of that has to do with you. Thanks for hiring me and becoming a friend.
Finally, to the Board of Advisors. It has been a pleasure to be part of this conversation and I am excited to continue to work with you. While I transition out of the Executive Director role, I will continue to be involved in many ways, specifically as the chairperson for the Indiana Healthy Community Initiative.
Again, thank you for allowing me to lead the Wellness Council for the last six years. It has been an honor.
It is good to be well!