The Indiana Chamber and Wellness Council of Indiana are now seeking qualified speakers for the 2015 Indiana Health and Wellness Summit. The event – with a theme of “Balance. Thrive. Inspire. Live.” – will be held October 7-8 at the JW Marriott, Indianapolis.
About the Summit:
- Conference theme: “Balance. Thrive. Inspire. Live.”
- October 7 consists of longer pre-summit “workshops” (ranging from 90 minutes to three hours)
- October 8 consists of four to five concurrent sessions in each time slot, at 60 minutes each, throughout the day
- Attendees include: company presidents, CEOs, CFOs and COOs; human resources vice presidents, directors and managers; wellness committee members; and anyone charged with implementing and maintaining wellness programs in the workplace
The conference agenda committee is particularly interested in advanced, strategically-oriented and practical presentations and speakers. Suggestions from 2014 summit evaluations include:
- Different dimensions of wellness
- A session for mature wellness programs (i.e., ideas on what should be the next ‘Big Thing’ attendees should offer at their companies)
- More hands-on tools attendees can use, particularly when they don’t have access to big databases
- Other companies’ best practices
- Tangible ideas that can be implemented
- Less theory and more application
- Wellness material that can be related to a manufacturing environment
- Presentations/speakers that apply to companies that already have well-established wellness programs
- Presentations that focus on marketing/communications. (How do we reach employees? What’s been effective?)
- More hands-on tools for wellness planning – especially when they don’t have access to drilling into data
However, you do not have to submit a topic that fits just into this list. We are seeking a variety of presentations.
Once you begin filling out the form, you must complete it – you cannot save it and return. To offer assistance before you begin, information you will need to complete the CFP form includes the following:
- All speaker(s)’ contact info
- Speaker biography (in paragraph format)
- Presentation title
- Presentation description (maximum: 800 to 1,000 words)
- Presentation abstract for brochure (maximum: three bullet points)
- Appropriate attendee experience level (novice, intermediate, advanced)
- Appropriate employer size of session attendees
- Other information as requested on form
Turning in a presentation abstract does not guarantee you a spot on the agenda. The conference agenda committee will decide from the submitted presentations which are appropriate for the 2015 conference.
You are welcome to submit multiple presentations.
Access the CFP form. The due date for the CFP form to be returned is May 1, 2015. Because of promotional and continuing education deadlines, late entries will not be considered.
Please read the following important information in its entirety:
Benefits of Speaking at the 2015 Indiana Health and Wellness Summit:
- Exposure to 400-plus total attendees
- Opportunity to showcase your expertise/knowledge in the wellness field
- List of attendee contact information (mail and phone number) in advance of the conference and final list after the conference
- Opportunity to network with potential new clients
- Complimentary full conference registration, including all networking and meal functions
- One night complimentary hotel stay
- Contact information featured on conference web site
Speaker Payment Policy
No speaker honorarium or fees will be paid to any breakout and/or workshop speaker for this conference. We do not cover meals outside of those provided at the conference, nor provide a per diem.
Speaker Travel Policy
We will provide up to one night (one room per speaker) at the conference hotel only (JW Marriott Indianapolis) for speakers traveling from outside of Central Indiana. All other travel costs incurred are the responsibility of the speaker (subject to change).
Sponsorships and exhibit spaces are available for the conference. View benefits here. You may also contact Jim Wagner at email@example.com or (317) 264-6876 for more information.
If you are interested in offering a keynote presentation, please contact Indiana Chamber of Commerce Director of Conferences Jennifer George directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding the speaker presentation form, please don’t hesitate to email Jennifer.
Additional contact information: