WellCertThe premier certification program for employee wellness professionals.
Wellness is a complex field at the intersection of behavior change, organizational strategy, technology and medicine. More than ever, wellness professionals need cutting-edge expertise to create programs that deliver results.
Drawing from best-practice solutions and proven industry research, WellCert provides worksite wellness professionals, benefit managers, brokers, human resource staff and others with the skills they need to plan, implement, manage and measure employee wellness programs that improve health and reduce employee costs. WellCert is a four-level professional certification with a unique skill-focus that ensures graduates can immediately put their knowledge to work on the job. Designed by founder Larry S. Chapman MPH, WellCert synthesizes 40+ years of experience with over 1,000 organizations.
WellCert is the preferred Wellness Certification for top national insurance carriers, HR consulting firms, benefits brokers, and wellness councils—key employers prefer WellCert. All graduates of the WellCert Program are identified on the WellCert Professional Registry.
WellCert’s four levels of professional certification:
- CWPC: Certified Wellness Program Coordinator
- CWPM: Certified Wellness Program Manager
- CWPD: Certified Wellness Program Director
- CWWPC: Certified Worksite Wellness Program Consultant
The Wellness Council of Indiana is proud to offer to our employer community the opportunity to acquire one of the most coveted designations in the worksite wellness field.
Use code wci-member-200-off when you sign up to receive $200 discount on each level you purchase.
Who should attend?
Onsite certification training provides industry leading preparation for the worksite wellness practitioner, academic, vendor or consultant.
Each onsite training participant will receive a hard copy of the 220+ page course workbook that includes slides, exercises, and printed resources. Upon completion of the course, exercises and course evaluation, Chapman Institute confers on grads their certification. WellCert grads must complete two continuing education online modules on the Chapman Institute website each year to maintain their certification in active status.
WellCert grads in active status are noted on the WellCert Registry and receive an exclusive bi-monthly email newsletter (WellCert Connections) curated by Larry Chapman with important articles and insights.
What key “how-to” skills will be learned during each course?
Level 1: Certified Wellness Program Coordinator. This course covers key skills that professionals need to build a foundation for resultsdriven wellness programming. Level 1 covers the scope of wellness programming typically present in smaller organizations with limited resources, while laying the groundwork for higher certification levels. Our approach is highly practical, focusing instructional time preparing you to deliver results with the development of these skills:
- How to build strong senior management support for wellness efforts
- How to assess your employees’ wellness needs
- How to decide on the scope of your worksite wellness program
- How to build a sound program infrastructure for your wellness program
- How to build an effective administrative structure for your wellness program
- How to design an effective wellness communications and promotion effort
- How to design an effective health management process for your wellness program
- How to design an effective group activities component for your wellness program
- How to create a supportive environment for wellness in your organization
- How to utilize a Health Risk Assessment (HRA) in your wellness program
- How to plan basic onsite components for your employee wellness program
- How to perform a simple evaluation of your employee wellness program
Level 2: Certified Wellness Program Manager. This course builds on skills laid down in Level 1 to scale your impact. Level 2 covers key topics more senior wellness program staff face every day. Key topics include producing results, increasing participation, using technology wisely and measuring ROI. Our approach is highly-practical. All instructional time prepares you to deliver results by developing these skills:
13. Enhancing program results through AMSO
14. Overcoming stakeholder objections
15. Managing vendors
16. Maximizing participation
17. Using wellness incentives
18. Using self-service technology for wellness
19. Using biometric screening and coaching
20. Budgeting for wellness
21. Measuring ROI/VOI
22. Increasing ROI/VOI results
23. Addressing well-being
24. Building employee trust
Level 3: Certified Wellness Program Director. This course builds on the foundations of Levels 1 and 2, putting the focus on further scaling your impact to complex organizations. It also focuses on Health and Productivity Management (HPM) methodologies to scale your impact by developing these skills:
25. Implementing wellness in large employer organizations
26. Raising awareness for non-employees
27. Building motivation for wellness in large organizations
28. Building programs that enhance wellness skills
29. Building opportunities to practice new wellness skills
30. Using educational interventions to maximize HPM results
31. Designing health plan benefits to maximize HPM results
32. Using individual interventions to maximize HPM results
33. Using employee incentives to maximize HPM results
34. Addressing presenteeism in wellness programs
35. Integrating wellness deeply into an organization
36. Evaluating an employee wellness program in a large organization
Level 4: Certified Worksite Wellness Consultant. Wellness leaders who complete level 4, Certified Wellness Program Consultant will have a comprehensive understanding of wellness topics. Level 4 is intended for individuals who serve a diverse set of organizations, customizing wellness program best practices to a range of unique needs. Building on the previous three levels, Level 4 shifts the focus to vision and strategic issues in wellness, as well as deeper coverage of executive influence and the skills to operate across organizations:
37. Building a disability management program in your organization
38. Conducting a health plan claims analysis
39. Creating a wellness-oriented work culture
40. Using positive psychology in wellness programming
41. Understanding the relationship between health risks and health costs
42. Facilitating a wellness planning process for large organizations
43. Building “C-suite” relationships for wellness
44. Building a long-term vision for wellness
45. Integrating work-life balance into wellness programming
46. Estimating budget requirements for complex employee wellness programs
47. Insuring your wellness program produces behavior change
48. Improving your personal effectiveness as a wellness consultant
Does this course provide any continuing education credits?
**The Wellness Council of Indiana can only provide continuing education credits for WellCert courses that we host. Other WellCert courses and additional programs by the Chapman Institute may not be eligible or approved for continuing education credits.**
HRCI credit is available. This program has been approved for up to 15 HRCI recertification credit hours though the HR Certification Institute.
This course is pre-approved for 15 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP credentials.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the activity. It means that this activity has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
I'm from out of town. Where should I stay during the on-site training?
- Hyatt Regency Indianapolis: reserve room online here or call (317) 632-1234 and request corporate acct ID #55737. The Hyatt is conveniently located in the same building as the Indiana Chamber Conference Center.
- The Westin Indianapolis: reserve room online here or call (800) 228-3000. Enter corporate #435371 for Indiana Chamber rate. The Westin is conveniently located via skywalk to the Indiana Chamber Conference Center.
I have worked in corporate wellness for more than 20 years and I was amazed at how useful the Level 1 training was. It’s a “must” for everyone in the field.WellCert Graduate
I was a little skeptical about the two days of training at Level 1 but you have made me a believer! The material and the case exercises have enhanced my knowledge significantly! Thanks for making this available.WellCert Graduate