Consultation ProgramNutrition and Physical Activity in the Workplace
The Wellness Council of Indiana, in cooperation with the Indiana State Department of Health’s Indiana Healthy Weight Initiative, offers an opportunity for support and consultation services, free of charge and available annually to 10 members of the Wellness Council who seek to evolve their workplace wellness strategy.
This membership bonus is designed to supplement your organization’s current wellness initiatives by providing on-site, personalized consulting services from our executive director and staff. Each selected member company will receive strategic advice, best practice scenario coaching and assistance in developing operational plans for the management and execution of a workplace wellness strategy. An emphasis on physical activity, nutrition and tobacco cessation will better equip your organization to combat the ever-increasing cost of health by successfully cultivating a culture of wellness.
With the Wellness Council’s guidance, and mentorship, your organization will advance through AchieveWELL, laying the foundation for a comprehensive and consistent wellness strategy. You will have access to tobacco cessation tools through the Wellness Council’s QUIT NOW Tool and the Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Commission’s Indiana Tobacco Quitline. The benefits are extensive; participating companies are likely to reap cost savings from reduced absenteeism, increased employee productivity and fewer medical claims.
To be considered, the following criteria are required to be accomplished upon selection to demonstrate your commitment to the success of your wellness initiative:
- Complete application below and submit in full to the Wellness Council of Indiana
- Host Wellness Council staff at an on-site consultation with your wellness champions and at least one member of your leadership team
- Become a Preferred Employer of the Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Commission’s Tobacco Quitline
- Become a member of the Wellness Council of Indiana
- Agree to completing the AchieveWELL 3-Star Recognition process (at minimum)