The Indiana Workplace Wellness Partnership (IWWP) provides a quarterly forum for Indiana employers to share information and ideas on improving employee health and well being. Participating employers come from all parts of the state and constitute a broad spectrum of business sizes and types. Indiana state government and many of our colleges and universities are involved. Current membership represents more than 120,000 employees statewide.
Why should an employer join this effort?
When launching this effort in 2008, Robert Hillman, president of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Indiana reflected on the need for employers to play a role in addressing the health of our workforce:
“In the years ahead, it’s estimated that half the U.S. population will suffer from a chronic disease. If we don’t work together to improve the health of our fellow Hoosiers, chronic diseases related to smoking, obesity and lack of physical activity will put further pressure on the cost of health care and have negative consequences for Indiana families and for the state’s business climate.”
Employees spend a significant portion of their day at work, so worksites have a positive impact on overall organizational health by focusing on workplace and community wellness strategies and programming. The IWWP provides a non-threatening environment to learn from the experiences of others and to share your own successes.
The IWWP is a great forum to understand what is working and what roadblocks are causing stagnation. Hear from CEO’s, experts and fellow practitioners about the issues facing wellness at work and potential solutions. Whether you are just getting started or have developed a high-level wellness initiative at work, the IWWP is a great place to ask questions and offer your own solutions to making Indiana a healthier and more attractive state to locate and grow your business.
IWWP meetings are free to attend, include a healthy lunch and held at the Anthem Lytle Center, 220 Virginia Ave, Indianapolis. Meeting dates can be found on the Wellness Council of Indiana events page.
- July 13, 2018
- October 12, 2018
If you are interested in learning more, attending an upcoming IWWP meeting or delegating a member of your organization, please contact the Wellness Council of Indiana at (317) 264-2165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are slide presentations from prior IWWP meetings.
February 2018 Meeting
- LG&E and KU’s: Journey into Population Health
- Diabetes and AirFeet Presentation
- Elements Financial: Not Just a Credit Union
- Community Wellbeing Engagement: Engage, Educate and Inspire
- Indiana State Department of Health: 2018 Priorities & Opportunities
April 2018 Meeting
- Employers Forum of Indiana Strategy to Improve Hospital Value
- Financial & Health Wellness – An Actuary’s View
- Wellness Council of Indiana Update
- Physical Activity and Wellness Institute (PAWI) – IUPUI Dept. of Kinesiology
- Cognitive Decline in the Workplace: How Much is it Costing Us?
February 2017 Meeting:
- Building a Wellness Program on a Limited Budget
- Live Healthy Indiana 2017
- The Case for Healthy Places
April 2017 Meeting:
- IWWP Agenda April 2017
- Indiana Sports Corp Challenge
- Stop Telling Me What To Do Webinar
- Beyond Monumental 2017
- Indy Ultimate Overview
July 2017 Meeting
- Power House Presentation
- Hillenbrand – Our Wellness Journey
- OurHealth Presentation
- Complete Wellness Solutions Presentation
- OnTarget Health Presentation
October 2017 Meeting
- On-Site Flu Shot Clinic Fact Sheet
- Building Leadership and Cross-functional Support for Employee Wellness\
- How to Become a Best Place to Work pt 1
- How to Become a Best Place to Work pt 2
- Spire Wellness
July 2016 Meeting:
October 2016 Meeting: