AchieveWELL is a strategic process that provides a road map to the destination of a well workplace and recognizes excellence in the field of health promotion. The Wellness Council of Indiana developed AchieveWELL to assist employers in creating a corporate culture that encourages and supports employee health through worksite wellness initiatives.
AchieveWELL meets organizations where they are and guides them to the next level of wellness by using tools, templates and personal coaching to help deliver a comprehensive and consistent workplace wellness initiative. It is a free program available exclusively to members of the Wellness Council of Indiana.
No one can guarantee that any program will lower your company’s costs, but a properly run wellness initiative will greatly better your chances of reducing health care costs, injuries and absenteeism, while increasing productivity, presenteeism and engagement at work.
Being recognized as one of the healthiest workplaces in Indiana offers significant competitive advantage to recruiting and retaining your best employees! Healthiest workplaces gain additional advantages with better health outcomes, lower absenteeism and higher productivity.
Who is eligible?
- Any for profit or not-for-profit business
- Governmental entities
- School corporations
- Companies with at least five employees
- Organizations with existing wellness programs
- Organizations starting a wellness program
The AchieveWELL assessment is a series of questionnaires based on which level your selected (3 Star, 4 Star or 5 Star). AchieveWELL’s process has been conducted for more than 25 years and continues to evolve today.
Available DesignationsIt is not a contest or judgment. It is a strategic process intended to provide a roadmap to the destination of a well workplace. AchieveWELL meets organizations where they are and guides them to the next level of wellness. Whether you are working in an unhealthy workplace or have achieved high-level wellness, AchieveWELL provides the resources, expertise and recognition you want, need and deserve.
3 Star - Laying the Foundation for Wellness
3 Star establishes a blueprint to lay the foundation for your strategic workplace wellness program. This assessment is conducted through a combination of the AchieveWELL online portal, by phone and through email correspondence by both the mentor and evaluator.
3 Star organizations should be able to show how they are addressing, or how they plan to address, the 10 Building Blocks of Wellness: Click here to learn more
- Gaining leadership support
- Forming your wellness team
- Measuring what matters
- Making data driven decisions
- Integrating wellness with your organization’s mission and vision
- Develop your operating plan
- Create your communication strategy
- Optimize rewards
- Align wellness with safety and injury prevention
- Promote a responsible, accountable and supportive environment
4 Star - Workplace Wellness Policies
4 Star analyzes how your wellness initiative positively affects workplace health policies and environmental well-being. This assessment is conducted through a combination of the AchieveWELL online portal, by phone and through email correspondence. Evaluation is conducted via an onsite visit with members of your committee/champions network.
- Demonstrated proof of specific program(s) addressing chronic disease management issues
- Demonstrated proof that wellness initiative is focused on all dimensions of well-being and not exclusively on reducing costs
- Must have a minimum of five programmed activities for employees ongoing throughout the year
- Demonstrated evidence of community involvement
- Documentation of increased awareness toward safety, ergonomics and/or corporate risk mitigation
- Must show proof of start date of wellness initiative and have completed 24 months of continuous program activity
- Onsite evaluation will be conducted and the workplace wellness assessment will be the guideline for the evaluation
5 Star - Wellness Culture in the Organization
5 Star evaluates how you have cultivated a culture of wellness throughout the organization. This assessment is conducted through a combination of the AchieveWELL online portal, by phone, through email correspondence and with a written “white paper” on the success of your program. Evaluation is conducted via an onsite visit with your executive level champion(s).
- Must show proof of five years of continuous program activity
- Written narrative highlighting evolution of wellness initiative
- Demonstrated proof of community involvement beyond financial support
- Demonstrated movement from extrinsic motivation based programming to intrinsic motivation based business alignment and results initiatives
- Proof that wellness is part of the company culture
- Evidence of senior leader involvement